The Oklahoma State Department of Health is reporting 858 new positive COVID-19 cases for Oklahoma on Tuesday, July 7. This is by far the most amount of new cases reported in a single day for Oklahoma. The state has now seen a total of 17,220 cases since testing started, and 4,215 cases are active.
For new cases in local counties, Washington County saw the biggest increase with 21, Payne County has 14, five for Logan County, Garfield and Pawnee counties with two and one for Kay, Noble and Osage counties.
For local communities, Ponca City has seen an overall total of 106 cases, five virus-related deaths and 81 recoveries. Blackwell has seen five cases and four recoveries. All four cases in Tonkawa have recovered. Newkirk has seen four overall cases, one virus-related death and two recoveries. Kaw City has no active cases as only one has been reported, but there has been one virus-related death.
OSDH is reporting five additional virus-related deaths on Tuesday, none of which occurred in the last 24 hours.
- A Carter County male in the 65 or older age group.
- A Delaware County female in the 65 or older age group.
- A Garvin County male in the 50-64 age group.
- A McCurtain County male in the 65 or older age group.
- A Muskogee County female in the 65 or older age group.
Oklahoma’s death toll is now at 404.
New data also shows that 573 more indivduals in the state have recovered from COVID-19, putting Oklahoma’s recovery total at 13,005.
Health officials report as of Tuesday, there have been 371,798 negative specimens. Also, there have been 1,741 total hospitalizations with 426 people currently hospitalized.
Data from OSDH also shows that 35.94% of those who tested positive are in the 18-35 age group, 22.22% in the 36-49 age group, 17,83% in the 50-64 age group, 15.46% in the 65 or older age group, 6.63% in the 5-17 age group, 1.91% in the 0-4 age group and 0.01% in the unknown age group.
DATA FOR LOCAL COUNTIES
- Payne County – 452 cases/1 death/350 recoveries
- Washington County – 431 cases/39 deaths/367 recoveries
- Osage County – 187 cases/8 deaths/160 recoveries
- Kay County – 113 cases/7 deaths/86 recoveries
- Garfield County – 84 cases/2 death/63 recoveries
- Logan County – 67 cases/1 death/44 recoveries
- Pawnee County – 60 cases/2 deaths/50 recoveries
- Noble County – 48 cases/1 death/35 recoveries
- Grant County – 2 cases/no deaths/2 recoveries