The Oklahoma State Department of Health is reporting 628 new positive COVID-19 cases for Oklahoma on Thursday, July 16. The overall total is now at 23,411 cases since testing started, and 5,316 cases are active.
Kay County saw six new positive COVID-19 cases on Thursday. Kay County has now seen 139 cases, 9 deaths and 106 recoveries.Four of the new cases appear to be in the Ponca City area, and one for both Kaw City and Tonkawa. Ponca City has 19 active cases, Tonkawa has three and Blackwell, Kaw City and Newkirk both with one.
Neighboring Osage County is reporting its ninth virus-related death on Thursday. The individual was a male in the 65 or older age group. Osage County also has two new COVID-19 cases.
As for new cases in other local counties, Garfield County has eight, Payne and Logan counties both with six, Washington County has five and Noble County with one.
Besides the mentioned death in Osage County, OSDH is reporting five other virus-related deaths on Thursday. Oklahoma’s death toll is now at 438.
- A McCurtain County female in the 65 or older age group.
- An Oklahoma County female in the 65 or older age group.
- A Rogers County male in the 65 or older age group.
- Two in Tulsa County: A female in the 50-64 age group, and a male in the 65 or older age group.
New data shows that there were more recoveries rather than new cases on Thursday as 729 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, putting Oklahoma’s recovery total at 18,095. According to OSDH, A recovered patient is currently not hospitalized or deceased and it has been 14 days after onset/report.
Data also shows that there have been up to 433,376 negative specimens in total, 2,218 total hospitalizations and 638 people currently hospitalized.
According to a graph posted at coronavirus.health.ok.gov, the group with the most COVID-19 cases appears to be the 18-35 age group who has seen 36.47% of the cases. For other groups, 21.96% are in the 36-49 age group, 17.49% in the 50-64 age group, 14.41% in the 65 or older age group, 7.57% in the 5-17 age group and 2.09% in the 0-4 age group.
DATA FOR LOCAL COUNTIES
- Payne County – 499 cases/2 deaths/448 recoveries
- Washington County – 479 cases/39 deaths/413 recoveries
- Osage County – 230 cases/9 deaths/188 recoveries
- Garfield County – 140 cases/2 death/105 recoveries
- Kay County – 139 cases/9 deaths/106 recoveries
- Logan County – 117 cases/1 death/77 recoveries
- Pawnee County – 75 cases/3 deaths/62 recoveries
- Noble County – 56 cases/1 death/46 recoveries
- Grant County – 3 cases/no deaths/2 recoveries