MyHometownPost Brands

Noble County Residents Can Apply Now To Vote With Absentee Ballots


Noble County Election Board Secretary Pam McBride said that voters who live in Noble County that want to apply for absentee ballots to be mailed to them for the February 12, 2019 Frontier School and Covington-Douglas special election need to apply now. While the Noble County Election Board can accept applications for absentee ballots until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 6, 2019, McBride said that she urges voters that want to vote via absentee ballot to apply early.

Absentee ballot application forms are available at the County Election Board Office on the first floor of the Noble County Courthouse at 300 Courthouse Drive in Perry. An online version of the form can be filled out and submitted electronically at A print form can also be downloaded at the same address. Ballots must be in the hands of the County Election Board Officials by 7 p.m. on Election Day to count. McBride also said that any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot in any election in which that person is eligible to vote. However, a voter must be registered and live at an address within the boundaries of a school district or a municipality to be eligible to vote in school district or municipal elections. It is not necessary to give a reason for voting absentee. McBride said that voting absentee can give several advantages to those voting that way.

Absentee voters can activate special conditions that make it easier for them to use absentee ballots. Some of those reasons include voters that are physically incapacitated and voters who care for physically incapacitated people who cannot be left unattended may vote absentee. They can also apply by mail, fax, email, online or with an agent who is at least 16 years of age and who is not employed by or related within the third degree of consanguinity or affinity to anyone whose name appears on the ballot. Voters that are confined to nursing homes in Noble County can also vote absentee. An Absentee Voting Board actually goes to the nursing home a few days before the election, sets up a small polling place and allows people at the homes to vote under circumstances similar to those at a regular precinct polling place. They may apply only by mail, fax, email, online or an agent whom is described as mentioned previously.

Military personnel and residents of Noble County living overseas and the spouses and dependents of each group are eligible to receive absentee ballots. These voters may only apply by mail, fax or email. Military personnel should contact the Voting Service Officers in their units for absentee ballot applications forms along with additional information. Personnel can also visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program website for more information and instructions. Residents of Oklahoma living overseas can obtain the same materials from any United States military installation and from United States Embassies and Consulates as well as on the FVAP website.

For more information, contact the Noble County Election Board at 580-336-3527.