The Oklahoma State Department of Health is reporting 699 new positive COVID-19 cases for Friday, July 17. There have now been 24,140 cases since the start of the pandemic, and 5,374 cases are active.
Kay County saw an increase with two new positive COVID-19 cases. to put the overall total for the county at 141 cases, 9 deaths and 111 recoveries. There are 19 active cases in Ponca City, two in Tonkawa and one in Newkirk. There are no active cases in Blackwell.
As for new cases in surrounding counties, Payne County has 12 new cases, seven for Osage County, Washington and Garfield counties both with four, Pawnee County has three and Noble County with one.
OSDH is reporting seven additional virus-related deaths on Tuesday, putting Oklahoma’s death toll at 445. Three were identified in the last 24 hours:
- A Hughes County male in the 36-49 age group.
- A Pottawatomie County male in the 65 or older age group.
- A Rogers County male in the 65 or older age group.
- A Seminole County male in the 65 or older age group.
- A Texas County female in the 36-49 age group.
- A male and female in Tulsa County, both in the 65 or older age group.
New data shows that 671 more individuals have recovered from COVID-19, putting Oklahoma’s recovery total at 18,766. According to OSDH, A recovered patient is currently not hospitalized or deceased and it has been 14 days after onset/report.
Data also shows that there have been up to 440,904 negative specimens in total, 2,289 total hospitalizations and 604 people currently hospitalized.
According to a graph posted at coronavirus.health.ok.gov, the group with the most COVID-19 cases appears to be the 18-35 age group who has seen 36.54% of the cases. For other groups, 21.91% are in the 36-49 age group, 17.44% in the 50-64 age group, 14.33% in the 65 or older age group, 7.64% in the 5-17 age group and 2.14% in the 0-4 age group.
DATA FOR LOCAL COUNTIES
- Payne County – 511 cases/2 deaths/459 recoveries
- Washington County – 483 cases/39 deaths/420 recoveries
- Osage County – 237 cases/9 deaths/191 recoveries
- Garfield County – 144 cases/2 death/109 recoveries
- Kay County – 141 cases/9 deaths/111 recoveries
- Logan County – 114 cases/1 death/77 recoveries
- Pawnee County – 78 cases/3 deaths/65 recoveries
- Noble County – 57 cases/1 death/46 recoveries
- Grant County – 3 cases/no deaths/2 recoveries