The Ponca City Library has put out a schedule of fall computer classes. Classes have begun and will continue through November 21. Classes will take place each Monday morning from 9:00-10:00 am and from 7:30-8:30 pm on Tuesday, September 27; Tuesday, October 25; and Tuesday, November 15.
During these times, computer center will be closed to the general public.
Please register for classes in the computer center at the Ponca City Library. You can reach the library by calling 767-0345. Classes are limited to 10 participants. Customers are requested to cancel if not able to attend a class to allow others to attend.
Individuals are encouraged to read class descriptions carefully, as not every class will meet the needs of each individual. A person does not have to attend all offered classes but may pick and choose which places are best for their learning needs. Classes will offer described curriculum and cannot be customized to meet each individual student’s needs.
Classes are as follows:
- The Digital Library-Learn about what the library offers online (Rosetta Stone, e-books, ). It is best to bring an active library card to this class. In-depth instruction on each application will not be offered: Instead an overview of all applications will be given. Class offered September 26 at 9:00 am, September 27 at 7:30 pm, and October 24 at 9:00 am
- Basics of Using Microsoft Word-Learn how to open a page, change font, insert a picture, and save a document. Offered October 3 at 9:00 am
- Basics of Using Microsoft Excel-Learn how to open a workbook, change font, format columns, and enter a basic formula. Offered Oct. 10 at 9:00 am
- Setting up an E-mail-Geared toward new users of e-mail. Usually, a cell phone is needed to verify account. Offered October 17 at 9:00 am
- Getting Started with Social Media-Learn about several social media websites and how to set up an account for Facebook. (need e-mail you can access at library or cell phone). Offered October 31 at 9:00 am and November 21 at 9:00 am
Library Resources to Assist with Finding Jobs-Learn about and try out tools the library offers to assist with a job search and workforce readiness. Offered November 7 at 9:00 am, November 14 at 9:00 am, and Nov. 15 at 7:30 pm. Library staff are not trained job search professionals and cannot offer advice on personal job searches.