From Staff/Police Reports
Local and state law enforcement agencies took part in a three day operation.
The focus area was north of Newkirk near the casinos.
Drug operations, warrant arrests, traffic enforcement and undercover operations were conducted. In all, 35 traffic stops were made. These led to:
- 9 drug arrests
- 3 warrant arrests
- 27 warning citations
- 10 citations
382 tags were checked as well; tag readers were used to determine if a tag or vehicle may have been stolen.
The operation was multi-jurisdictional. Agencies taking part included:
- Kay County Sheriff’s Office
- Ponca City Police Task Force
- Otoe-Missouria Police Department
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Oklahoma State Highway Patrol
- Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics
- District Attorney’s Task Force
- Arkansas City, Kansas Police Department
- Winfield, Kansas Police Department
- Cowley County, Kansas Sheriff’s Office